Saturday 9 March 2013

Making time

My Boygoblin is obsessed with clocks at the moment, and I fear that  the decorative clocks in his room that seemed such a cute idea at the time is simply confusing him.

How do I know this? Because he comes out with breathless statements like "The big hand is on the castle and its half past the dragon and now its time to play trains!"

So we raided the craft box and made our own. 

kids crafts play clock from plastic plates and pipecleaners
Move over, PlaySchool

I did all the sharp stuff, but he coloured the clock face, threaded the hands onto the pipe cleaner and through the plate, and stuck most of the numbers on.

close up of hands of plastic plate play clock
I cut and coloured the hands. BoyGoblin did the rest.

I'm considering upping the stakes and getting a clock motor for it for his playroom. Only considering mind.

rear of plastic plate play clock showing pipe cleaner fastened to matchstick
No motor, just a matchstick (safer than a split pin).



No comments:

Post a Comment